cache, DRAM, Disk
Bruce Jacob, Spencer W. Ng, David T. Wang ; with contributions by Samuel Rodriguez.
|Main Author:||Jacob, Bruce|
Ng, Spencer W.
Wang, David T.
Amsterdam : Elsevier/Morgan Kaufmann, c2008.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- On memory systems and their design
- An overview of cache principles
- Logical organization
- Management of cache contents
- Management of cache consistency
- Implementation issues
- Cache case studies
- Overview of DRAMs
- DRAM device organization : basic circuits and architecture
- DRAM system signaling and timing
- DRAM memory system organization
- Basic DRAM memory-access protocol
- Evolutionary developments of DRAM device architecture
- DRAM memory controller
- The fully buffered DIMM memory system
- Memory system design analysis
- Overview of disks
- The physical layer
- The data layer
- Performance issues and design trade-offs
- Drive interface
- Operational performance improvement
- The cache layer
- Performance testing
- Storage subsystems
- The case for holistic design
- Analysis of cost and performance
- Power and leakage
- Memory errors and error correction
- Virtual memory.